Telegram Co. is an established retailer & wholesaler of 30+ leading international stationery (eg. Moleskine, Lamy) and homewares brands (eg. Kinto, Serax, House Doctor) across Australia and New Zealand.
We are also Milligram.Studio and Milligram.com, a new retail concept with flagship store opening soon in Melbourne Central. Milligram is the evolution of the successful online store, Milligram.
The Design Manager will be responsible for driving forward the overall look and feel of our business.
• Assist in setting the artistic direction and visual tone of our brands (Telegram & Milligram).
• Work with the Director and the Product Development Manager to develop the concept and design of Milligram branded products and packaging.
• Work with the Marketing Manager to oversee the visual content for EDMs, websites and customer communications.
• Ensure all overall visual content for the Wholesale, Retail and Brand partners is developed and consistent with the visual tone of the business.
• Manage the graphic design team to ensure imagery and visual content is produced and delivered within required time frames and style guides.
• Provide creative and art direction in design and photo shoots.
The Successful Candidate
• Able to produce strong typographic layouts in print and digital
• Work from sketch concept through development and execution
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team
• Confident in setting the style direction and then have the team work towards achieving consistency
• Trend forecasting – an eye for new design trends, open minded to try new ideas and think out of the box
• Negotiation and problem solving skills
• Passion for our brands and our categories generally
• Professional judgement and discretion that comes with experience in the field, a minimum of 5-10 years in a similar business
• Demonstrated ability to manage a team
• Have GREAT positive energy with a can do attitude
• Folio of recent work (no bigger than 10mb)
• Cover letter – but please review our brands (milligram.com & telegramco.com) to gain a better understanding of who we are as a business and the brands we represent.
Why you will love working with us
We’re a small but growing business with a nine-year history, so you’ll get to make a huge impact on the company as a whole. You will also be presented with a diverse and challenging range of tasks and experiences in the course of a normal day.
We offer a great work environment and our team is filled with talented, hard-working people. Although it is very fast-paced we also make time to relax and have fun. In addition, all staff qualify for significant discounts across our range of design stationery and homewares.
Our dog friendly office is based in Collingwood, Melbourne.
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and place “Application for Design Manager” in the subject line.